Monday, May 4, 2009

Why should I blog?

Hello world!

Finally, I have also ended up joining the bunch of people out there who wants to say something and wants to be heard. I was tempted to press the "Create blog" button many times before. But then, I always contemplated whether I will be able to do a good job as a blogger. Dunno why, but it appeared to me as a huge responsibility, in terms of creating posts regularly, labeling posts and what not! And then there is always the starting trouble.

But observing the vast number of blogs and bloggers - some almost daily and some others who even hardly remember that they had started something called a blog a good old time back - I wondered why people blog?

Don't misunderstand me as a psychology freak, but i did do a bit of research to find out why people blog. I asked a few friends why they blog. I also googled a bit to find more reasons. Its either for sharing opinion with the outside world, for the love of writing, for money, for cherishing ones memories, or even because people out there are blogging. Weirdly, I even found some responding saying that they blog out of guilt - seeing their site meter ticking when they have let their regular readers down by not blogging for quite sometime.

Some studies even showed that blogging represents the embodiment of the uniquely human desire to make a difference, to leave a stamp on the world, and to contribute to the larger society. Blogging allows even the most average dreamer to be "heard" in ways that were not possible before the advent of blogging.

So I asked this question once again to me. The narcissist in me replied that it should be just for me, for my fun and for my relaxation. And then I felt no inhibition, no burden of responsibilities and now no more turning back - since I have published my first post!

6 comments:

  1. "The narcissist in me replied that it should be just for me, for my fun and for my relaxation."
    Perfect !!!
    Go DOlfy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. name "Why, what and how?" suits u...person with a lot of ques or i can say Flood of Questions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lalit: Thats why I chose that name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boredom can be a very big motivator! I should know. :)

    Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete